The reproductive health and general health of women cannot be compared to that of men’s. This is because both have different anatomies and therefore different needs. Some of the illnesses common to women include pelvic floor disorders like the wall prolapse, stool and urine incontinence. In fact, according to Australian Institute of Health and Report, at least 4.8 million Australians experience problems with bladder control. Urinary incontinence affects almost 50% of Australians, out of which 37% are exclusively women. If there are any pelvic disorders among women, seeing womens health doctors will be beneficial in restoring the situation back to normal. Some of the specialists that you can consult include urogynecologists and gynecologists.

This article examines situations when you need to see such specialists.

Pelvic organ Prolapse

A common condition amongst women that have had vaginal deliveries is a pelvic organ prolapse. This is unlike their counterparts who have undergone the caesarian section.  Prior pelvic surgery, intense physical activity, aging and menopause are other things that are likely to result into more problems with the pelvic wall that may lead to a prolapse.


Another relatively common pelvic floor disorder is the urinary incontinence. As mentioned, many people around the world and not only in Australia are dealing with bladder control problems with women taking the lion’s share as the greatest sufferers two times over when compared to men. There are causes associated with urinary incontinence like aging and lifestyle changes. What you need to do is seek the services of a specialist at an Ascot medical clinic or your local one upon noticing a huge amount of leakage. Some of the things that one can do to prevent incontinence as advised by experts are losing weight, abstaining from smoking, less constipation, and seeking treatment.

When it’s time to see a specialist

Womens health doctors such as gynecologists need to be consulted anytime there is a problem related to the reproductive health of a person or their bladder situation. Any signs of prolapse, bowel incontinence or upon recommendation by a primary physician are enough reasons to book an appointment. Further, if emptying the bladder or rectum, or pelvic pain are some of your symptoms, then you need to see a specialist.

Treatment options

Competent Brisbane doctors are well trained and suitably qualified to identify the problem you are going through as well as recommend therapies that will play a role in relieving symptoms of pelvic floors disorders. There are a variety of therapies that specialists can recommend; some surgical and others non-surgical. They can also determine a treatment plan or a combination of all the options. Some of the treatments include urethral injections, Botox, pelvic exercises and behavioral modifications. With advice from the specialist, you can determine which works best for you.

Pelvic problems are common all around the world with women bearing the bulk of it. Prophase, incontinence and other pelvic disorders are all too common. Great womens health doctors, however, will help you. Visit to find Newmarket doctors, if you live there.